Why should I choose Bambini?
Bambini provide educators and families with comprehensive support and administration.
In addition, Bambini facilitates:
- Comprehensive administrative duties assisting educators to operate their family day care business
- Support and guide educators the Early Years Frameworks
- Provide feedback on your child's placement
- Ensure educators provide a safe environment in accordance with the Education and Care Services National Regulations
- Provide regular parent/educator newsletters
- Facilitate educators with ongoing professional development opportunities
How do I know the care environment is safe?
- All educators undergo a home safety check to ensure that their home meets safety standards as per the national Education and Care Services Regulations
- Ongoing safety checks are also carried out during educator support visits
How do I become an educator?
Educators seeking registration with Bambini are required to complete a thorough registration process that involves:
- Providing Bambini with evidence that you have all the qualifications and checks the Education and Care Services National Regulations require familiy day care educators to have.
- Submitting a written expression of interest
- Working with children checks and police checks for all adult members of the household who may come in contact with the children, as required by the Education and Care National Regulations
- Home risk assessment in accordance with the Education and Care Services National Regulations
- Administration training
Who checks on the educators and the children in care?
Early childhood qualified staff (area coordinators) work specifically in the field to monitor and support educators and the children in their care.
The area coordinators visit the educator's home to ensure care is provided to required government standards; observe children; providing developmental and behavioral suggestions and support to the educators.
What kind of activities will my child be offered?
Educators are required to plan a program in accordance with the Early Years Frameworks for children in their care and keep it available where parents can view it.
These programs are play based and developed with the childrens interests and current needs in mind. Outings to visit the park, library or to take walks to explore nature and the local community are also valuable in a weekly program.
How will I know if the educator is the right person for my child?
When you meet the educators it's important you ask questions to ensure your child receives the type of care you require. You need to outline any issues that are important to you. Bambini staff can assist you in the type of questions you should ask the educator.
How much will it cost?
Bambini facilitate educators in a vast range of locations and educators have varying levels of qualifications and experience. Fees for standard hours will be in the range of $6 - $15 per hour.
How can I reduce the cost of my childcare fees?
Bambini is an "approved provider". Parents may be eligible for the federal government funded child care subsidy (CCS).
The decision on eligibility for CCS rests with the Family Assistance Office. Parents should consult the Department of Human Services (www.humanservices.gov.au) for details of their specific entitlements to The CCS.
Links to other helpful websites
Australian Children's Education and Care Quality Authority
Department of Human Services
Child care benefit
Child care benefit ready reckoner
Child Care Rebate
Family Day Care Australia
Community Child Care Victoria
Early Childhood Australia